Liposuction is an invasive procedure involving the mechanical removal of fat cells. By contrast, Contour Light is completely non-invasive and only affects fat cells temporarily. Contour Light does not compete with liposuction; it is simply a body shaping option available to clients who do not wish to undergo a potentially dangerous surgical procedure.
There are three main reasons why alcohol should be avoided or greatly minimized with Contour Light red light therapy body sculpting:
- Alcohol is a diuretic and it is critical that the body stays optimally hydrated throughout the treatment program.
- Alcohol also contains a lot of calories: a 5-ounce glass of red wine packs 100 calories! This directly conflicts with the recommendations of the program which calls for a balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- Third and most importantly, alcohol is processed as fat by the liver which directly restricts the body’s ability to process the newly liberated fat from the red light therapy body sculpting session. Once fat cells are liberated by Contour Light, the fat that is not used up as energy to fuel the body’s normal metabolic needs is processed by the liver using enzymes. The total amount of fat being processed at any given time is limited by the number of enzymes produced by the liver. Alcohol is processed as fat by the liver using the same enzymes.
So, when the liver is busy processing alcohol, it is not able to process the fat liberated by Contour Light. Hence more time/treatments are required to achieve results if you do not avoid or minimize alcohol consumption.
The most well studied mechanism of action surrounding red and near infrared light therapy is increased mitochondrial energy production in the cells. Mitochondria are tiny organelles that are the energy batteries of all the cells in our body. Red and near infrared light therapy helps the Mitochondria create more of that energy.
The specific photons found in red and near infrared light interact with a photoreceptors within our cells called cytochrome c oxidase. This interaction stimulates the mitochondria in our cells to use oxygen more efficiently, which allows the mitochondria to produce more ATP (adenosine triphosphate). Adenosine triphosphate or ATP is a complex organic chemical that provides energy to drive many processes in living cells, e.g. muscle contraction, nerve impulse propagation, and chemical synthesis. Found in all forms of life, ATP is often referred to as the “molecular unit of currency” of intracellular energy transfer. When our cells have more energy, they simply perform better and the body follows suit!
Below is a link to a 3rd party compilation of over 4000 scientific studies on Photobiomodulation (PBM) / Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT). *This answer comes from mitoredlight.com which is one of the 2-D brands we use at Red Light Method.
Circuit training utilizes gym equipment that safely guides your body to strengthen each part of the body at a time to result in a cumulative full body work out. Ideally you complete a full circuit which means you safely strengthen your entire full body each time you visit Red Light Method. In this training technique you can increase or decrease repetitions, duration, speed, and intensity.
Circuit training is safe for all people. Circuit training is especially beneficial for people with injuries because you cannot overextend your range of motion or grossly overcompensate because of the design of the gym equipment limits your range of motion. For people with injuries, circuit training is extra beneficial because it isolates your muscle groups and allows you to specifically train each part of your body without other parts overcompensating and creating overuse injuries. I (Allison Beardsley who is typing this) have been a personal trainer since the year 2000, and I have a torn rotator cuff, I am missing ligaments in my ankles, and my ACL was reconstructed in the 90’s. This means I have a hard time doing free weight exercises like squats and olympic lifts without totally overcompensating and hurting my injured and uninjured side… IE. My right leg automatically compensates for my ACL reconstruction on my left leg when I do squats—so when I do a fitness routine with squats I hurt my injured and uninjured sides and I am then unable to work out at all. I know I am not alone here either, many of us live with injuries. But with circuit training at Red Light Method I am supported and prevented from overusing my uninjured side in a compensatory manner because the gym equipment supports me. I have many training sessions on the app where I am your personal trainer guiding you through safely using the gym equipment for a safe and effective full body workout. I am an ideal trainer for 80% of the population who wants to safely get stronger without hurting themselves.
At Red Light Method we will of course feature specialty trainers on our app and of course we encourage you to practice many modalities of fitness. Maybe you combine your membership at Red Lite gym with a Pilates membership, or HIIT membership, or Olympic lifting membership. We understand we are not the solution for all fitness needs, but we firmly believe that we are the solution for over 80% of the population.
We encourage everyone to gently exercise or move every day; whether you exercise by working in the garden, biking, or walking, we encourage at least 30 minutes of movement each day. For strength training or weight training in particular, if you are doing the full body strength training circuit at Red Light Method 2-3 days each week, we do not believe you have to lift weights more than 2-3 days of full body weight training each week. However, if you wish to cross train with other modalities that of course is encouraged but not required for general health and well being. It is important to not overtrain, and to give your body adequate rest.
Your visits to Red Light Method are always combined with your red light therapy body sculpting session. We do not have an open gym policy as we are a boutique fitness concept and we want to ensure there is ample room for members during their scheduled body sculpting and gym times. Visits are always accompanied with a scheduled session time. For your convenience sessions are scheduled every 15 minutes. You can work out and body sculpt up to 3 times each week.
The vibration plate is optional but encouraged at Red Light Method. Members can opt to skip the vibration plate and move straight into exercise if they’d like. The vibration plate is contraindicated for people with stones, like kidney stones or gallbladder stones.
Whole Body Vibration—Contraindications
It is always advisable to consult with your physician before starting any exercise program. Ongoing research in the field of Whole Body Vibration (WBV) indicates that many people can actually benefit from this form of exercise. However, if you suffer from any of the following contraindications it is imperative that you discuss Whole Body Vibration therapy with your physician before beginning any training program with vibration equipment.
Relative Contraindications: Gentle, gradual WBV may be able to help with these conditions, but use the WBV with caution. You may also need additional therapies and/or supplements to tolerate the WBV and to gain its benefits. If you have these conditions do not use WBV without guidance from a qualified natural health practitioner familiar with WBV, and the approval of your doctor. (See also the list of Absolute Contraindications below these “Relative Contraindications” – do not use WBV at all if you have any of the Absolute Contraindications).
- Gallstones, Kidney stones, Bladder stones
- Articular Rheumatism and Arthrosis
- Heart failure
- Cardiac dysrhythmias
- Cardiac Disorders (Post MI)
- Metal or synthetic implants (e.g.. some older types of pacemakers, artificial cardiac valves, recent stents, or brain implants)
- Chronic back pain (after fracture, disc disorders or spondylosis )
- Severe Diabetes Mellitus with peripheral vascular disease or neuropathy
- Tumors (excluding metastases in the musculoskeletal system)
- Spondylolisthesis without gliding
- Movement Disorder and Parkinson
- Chondromalacia of the joints of the lower extremities, osteonecrosis and chondrosis
- Arterial circulation disorders
- Venous insufficiency with ulcus cruris
- Morbus Sudeck Stadium II (CRPS)
- Postoperative wounds
- Acute Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Joint replacements – no WBV for 6 months after joint replacement surgery, after that WBV can help strengthen the bone to implant bonding.
Absolute contraindications: Please do not use any WBV device at all if you have any of the following:
- Acute Inflammations, Infections and/ or Fever
- Acute Arthropathy or Arthrosis
- Acute Migraine
- Fresh (surgical) Wounds
- Recent fractures (wait 6 weeks after a simple fracture, 12 weeks after a compound fracture or those repaired with implants)
- Implants of the spine
- Acute or Chronic Deep Vein Thromboses or other thrombotic afflictions
- Acute disc related problems, Spondylosis, gliding Spondylolisthesis or Fractures
- Severe Osteoporosis with BMD < 70mg/ml • Spasticity (after stroke/ spinal cord lesion…)
- Morbus Sudeck Stadium I (CRPS I)
- Tumors with metastases in the musculoskeletal system
- Vertigo or Positional Dizziness
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
Joint replacements (within 6 months of replacement surgery) or if you have any concerns about your physical health!
We have two types of packages. Monthly Membership packages contain a certain number of sessions to be used in one month. These packages are discounted rates and require a 3 month commitment. These sessions do not roll over each month.
The other type of package is an A La Carte Punch Card Package. These sessions are not a part of a contract, and the sessions are good for 6 months.
We are not registered dieticians, and we cannot give personalized specific guidelines for your diet, always consult your doctor. But we do encourage a healthy lifestyle and we encourage you to eat lots of veggies, fruit and whole foods. Avoid processed foods and packaged foods with many ingredients, avoid sugar and fried foods, avoid sweetened beverages. We believe if you eat food as God created food to be eaten on the earth you will be extra fruitful in your health and fitness goals. We have lots of videos on our app to guide you towards a path of a healthy lifestyle.